[Oeva-list] OEVA meeting road tour

Ron Jayasuriya evmail4ron at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 09:13:17 PST 2009

The idea of starting meetings in other towns may actually reduce the use of fossil fuel, because of the number of people who are starting to come to our meeting from as far away as Eugene.

My suggestion is that we, the oeva, help get meetings going in towns/cities where there is interest.  The idea is not for a lot of us to drive down there, but to help them get their own meeting going.  At first, it may help to take a vehicle or two down there, but even that may not be necessary, as there are some already there.  Also, there are several PHEV's that could go to Eugene using very little fuel.  If a few of us went, and carpooled in a PHEV, the fuel use would be minimal, and probably less than the amount used by the four or five people who came to our last meeting from Eugene (in more than one vehicle).

I think we should try to help them, but that's up to the group.
At the same time, it seems to me that they don't need our permission to get their own meeting going.

While we're on the subject, does anybody out there know what happened to the list of people interested in a Eugene meeting?

Ron