[Oeva-list] Nissan Leaf Signup

Nick nickgaladay at msn.com
Thu Apr 8 16:22:43 PDT 2010

Well here's the Leaf lowdown according to sales mgr. Dave V. at Royal Moore
Nissan in Hillsboro:  Dave hadn't received anything from Nissan either; he's
on the list too!  So he called the phone number on the Leaf website:  1
(877) 664-2738.  There we learned (and I confirmed that I was registered)
that we who have preregistered would hear from Nissan by 4/19.  At that time
we would be invited to go to a special new website after midnight 4/19
(i.e., 4/20) and plunk our $99 bucks down (presumably via credit card -
refundable).  There will be no need for us to contact a dealer at that time.
In fact, we won't have to contact a dealer until we actually place our order
later this summer.  Only at that time do we choose our preferred dealer,
pick out options (SV or SL trim package), color, financing, Lease vs. buy,
etc.  If I don't hear from Nissan by the 19th I'm to call that number again,
or go to the "Live Chat" section of the Leaf website.  Delivery is still
scheduled to start in December (of 2010!).  I'm told by my Volt mole that GM
hopes to steal Leaf's thunder by releasing a few in November.  I also
learned that there have been nearly 100,000 of us preregistered so far.

A related question:  Is there anything afoot with our Oregon legislature to
increase Oregon's EV subsidy from the current $1,500, to match California's
$5,000?  How about Washington?  It's amazing how many WA Nissan dealers have
NO idea what I'm talking about!  I've called dealers from Longview to
Bellevue and no one knows what Washington's doing.  However, the Washington
legislature is considering taxing new EV sales $100 to make up for lost
gas-tax revenues!  This will hurt golfers and NEV owners worse than us but
it shows how shortsighted they are.

   Nick Galaday
        Vernonia, OR 97064
            Energy conservation--