[Oeva-list] GM wants more pay for exec's, jabs at PRIUS, claims humility learned.

Benjamin Schafer sneb1949 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 17:11:17 PST 2010

http://www.katu.com/news/business/111669094.html

"In a criticism of a rival automaker unusual for
corporate leaders, Akerson took a shot at Toyota's popular hybrid car,
the Prius. GM is pinning some of its plans for a comeback on its new
plug-in electric car, the Chevrolet Volt, that would compete with the
Prius.

"We commonly refer to the geek-mobile as the Prius. And I wouldn't be
 caught dead in a Prius," he said. Speaking of the Volt, he added, "This
 actually looks good."

Akerson also said GM was well-positioned to take advantage of growth markets in China and India."
He said GM learned a lesson in humility from its
bankruptcy but it was well-positioned to return to sustained
profitability while reducing its debt and large pension obligations."-------------------------------------
Humility, lesson learned?

Benjamin F Schafer