[Oeva-list] The ever misunderstood Volt

D K dimakukushkin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 07:25:29 PST 2010

Let me add my 2 cents.  If only one car fits and you do lots of long trips
-  would Prius with extra battery be better?  It surely gets better milege
on gas, and battery upgrade packs are widely available. Even assuming Prius
can't go on electricity only at highway speeds - it still gets great milage
in battery assist mode, totalling in great milage overall.  Isn't that the
bottom line?

My point is - Volt is nothing amazingly new, considering the price. And it
will hardly ever pay back for cost adder, compared to similar sized ICE or
Prius.

Dmitry