[Oeva-list] Oeva-list Digest, Vol 86, Issue 23

Jim Harrison III jvthree at msn.com
Wed Dec 29 12:57:46 PST 2010

I agree with Gary about the ICE complexity. While it looks like a really cool design, (I like the three clutches) it's just complicated. It looks like a PITA to repair. I have replaced a couple clutches in my life and have never truly enjoyed the process. It makes me wonder, could I get the same range from a Leaf if I put a generator in my trunk?Another scenario: let's say you have the VOLT and drive it enough to use the batteries but not the ICE, at what point does the gas begin to go bad?Some say don't be so hard on GM, they're trying. I agree that we should support the local (US) companies for making an effort at green tech. The VOLT seems to me like something that is destined to fail. Maybe they could have a diesel model, then at least the biofuel's folks might be interested.

Jim

*