[Oeva-list] Da Vinci Days this weekend - Corvallis

Hodgert, Mike mhodgert at bethel.k12.or.us
Sat Jul 17 02:46:39 PDT 2010

There are also TOTALLY ELECTRIC ONE PERSON VEHICLES THAT RACE.  These are called Electrathon Vehicles.  They use up to 72 pounds of non liquid (gel-glass-mat) lead/acid batteries and travel to see who can go the farthest in one hour.  Today, Friday, we did a street race with several corners and a large hill over some very rough streets.  Tomorrow, Saturday, we will be racing at Reser stadium parking lot.  Cars will start to arrive about 8:30 with practice to follow around 10:00 and the race goes from 11:00 to noon.  Hope to see many of you there.

Mike Hodgert--Electrathon America president and teacher at Willamette High School in Eugene--home of the world's largest fleet of Electrathon vehicles.  I am also making my own 48 volts 55 mph street legal vehicle.