[Oeva-list] Nissan Leaf

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Thu Jul 22 19:17:09 PDT 2010

On 7/22/10 1:59 PM, patrick0101 at gmail.com wrote:
> Those Reservationists who were eligible to fill out a survey for a free
> charger during the Nissan LEAF sign up process as part of the US
> Government sponsored "EV Project" should be receiving a message today
> from their partner, ECOtality, via a Nissan email.

Indeed, I got my acceptance today.  I'm looking forward to finding out
what make an 220V outlet worth $2k, though I'm guessing it's the fact
that it's a low volume device with the fancy monitoring system.  I have
to admit, that is a nice feature, though I'd rather have the monitoring
in the car and logging to my server at home so it captures data from
when I'm *not* charging at home as well.

I'm curious what it would cost to have a basic 1772 plug ala the L6-20
plug I have now for comparison...