[Oeva-list] Nissan Leaf

gfifield at onlinenw.com gfifield at onlinenw.com
Fri Jul 23 19:01:41 PDT 2010

I believe that there is serial communications that must go on between the
Nissan Leaf and the J1772 box.
This includes some negotiations on powering the circuit and protocal for
things like the plug is kicked out or there is a power failure, etc. Why
this all has to cost so much is beyond me, but some software guy must get
paid and all that SAE committe work and UL approval etc.
Somehow I don't think they are going to let you buy a NISSAN Leaf without
an approve charger sitting in your garage.

Gene