[Oeva-list] Leaf chargers

John RA Benson jrab at e-m-w.com
Sat Jul 24 04:35:22 PDT 2010

> charging when energy consumption is low, and delaying the charge when energy demand is
> high.

"Smart"? The utility's energy demand or personal? I guess this means you'll have to walk to work in hot weather when everyone has the ac on? New Yorkers wouldn't have been able to charge adequately for the past month? Neat way to satisfy the "ev's will use up all our electricity and overload the grid!" whiners. Now let's add those smart monitors to computer's and TV's lousy power factor power supplies, refrigerators and all AC units. If it's a good idea for the "driving appliance", it should be good for everything else too.

Hard to win - now when the cars aren't charged up completely, the naysayers will say 'told you so, takes too long to charge, bla bla bla.".

jrab