[Oeva-list] EV charging considerations

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Sun Jul 25 16:37:30 PDT 2010

I could not agree with Richard more. Having an EV with about 20 miles of
range I found was only limiting for personal trips than for transportation to
work. When I upgraded to a NiMH with 40 to 50 miles of range it really took
care of just about all my driving needs with range to spare. I also have a
RAV4 EV with 90 to 100 miles of range but its full range is hardly ever used.

I think Nissan made a good move limiting the Leaf's range to 80 to 100
miles. To keep costs down so more people can afford to buy an EV.

All I can say to an ICE driver is don't dismiss how much driving you can do
with an EV with 30 or 40 miles of range for local use. For some people this
might replace all their ICE miles. Many seem to scoff at the idea of 30 to
40 miles but it not any where near as limiting as most ICE drivers believe
it to be.

Don

In a message dated 7/25/2010 3:57:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,