[Oeva-list] The real EV pushback.

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Tue Jul 27 09:38:32 PDT 2010

On 7/26/10 9:53 PM, nscale7 at aol.com wrote:

> Range is far greater than in an EV, and hundreds of thousands of
> possible refueling stations exist. The U-haul shop down the street from
> my house sells propane into any size tank you have, even a car.

Actually, they won't, as a general rule: they're not allowed to unless
they handle the vehicle fuel tax.  Granted, it's been 35 years since I
worked at the gas station with U-haul and propane, but I doubt propane
fueled cars have gained enough market share to cause that situation to
change much...though it probably *is* easier to find the places that you
can fuel up at now...