[Oeva-list] OEVA now 501(c)(3)

Gene Climer climer97007 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 23:14:12 PDT 2010

Awesome! Good work!
Gene Climer

________________________________
From: "patrick0101 at gmail.com" <patrick0101 at gmail.com>
To: OEVA <oeva-list at oeva.org>
Sent: Tue, July 27, 2010 10:11:04 PM
Subject: [Oeva-list] OEVA now 501(c)(3)

Fellow OEVA members,

I am happy to announce that the OEVA is now has 501(c)(3) tax status!  We
started this pursuit in 2009 and it has been a long maze of government paperwork
to make it to this goal. Special thanks goes to our Treasurer Ray Blackburn for
all of his hard work to make this day happen.

While we cannot offer any tax advise, you should know that your donations now
may be tax deductible. This status is retroactive to June 25th. Contributions to
are deductible under section 170 of the tax code. The OEVA is also qualified to
receive tax deductible bequests, devises, transfers, or gifts under section
2055, 2106 or 2522. Check with your tax advisor for your applicability.
Regards,
Pat
Offshore Drilling or Offshore Wind? Simple Choice