[Oeva-list] John Day EV convoy.

garry painter garry at europa.com
Wed Jul 28 07:04:55 PDT 2010

If you have a GPS, or could borrow one, you can upload the data from
that trip to chargecar.org.
They will tell you how much energy the trip will consume.

Just go to their homepage: http://chargecar.org/home
Then click on the "SHARE" link.
Once that is done, you click on the "DATA" link.
You will see a map of the US.
Click on the "push pin" in Oregon.
Then select your trip data.

As an example, you can check my trip stats to work one day:
http://chargecar.org/data/333

Click on the "If I had an electric car..." link.

There it tells you that my 10.13 mile trip to work would have
consumed 2.32 kwh.
If I had an electric car of course.

Garry

ps. and they have graphs!
I always wished John Wayland would carry a gps on his little trips
around PIR and upload his data.
The website's purpose is to gather data for "commutes to and from work".
It would be fun to see the reaction of the people running the study.
"What the hell does that guy do for a living? Drag racing?"
:)