[Oeva-list] leaf stuff

Bob Stewert rbstewert at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 10:15:45 PDT 2010

Yes, well stated, and I am feeling the same way.  I was almost thinking of getting off the mailing list for awhile until this passes.

BTW, I was hugely disappointed in something on the Tesla last weekend.  Couldn't believe it!

Happened to be in Newport Beach, CA on PCH where there is a row of high end car dealers, Ferrari, etc.  Here there was a Tesla dealer, and since I never actually sat in one I thought, what the heck.  They had a beautiful white Sport convertible model on the floor for a cool $150,000, and said they would be happy to deliver it to Oregon.

I had been reading about the car for a few years now, was really thrilled at what Tesla has been doing, and now had a chance to sit in one.  The first thing I noticed was how uncomfortable it was to get in and out of it.  But when I closed the door, it sounded like a cheap tinny Toyota from the 60's!  I couldn't believe it!!!  I opened and closed it several times.

Nothing against Toyota.  I own one, and would buy another.  I just wish Tesla would have put more effort into a practical car that people could afford.  Maybe it's just me, but for $150g I want the door closing to sound a little more solid.

Looking forward to see what the Leaf door sounds like.
Bob Stewert