[Oeva-list] Solar Roadways

Sean McCann mccann.sean at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 07:19:18 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I just wanted to throw this out there because I think it's brilliant.

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-08/solar-panels-built-roads-could-be-future-energy

Each Solar Road panel can develop around 7.6 kwh of power each day, and each
costs around $7,000. If widely adopted, they could realistically wean the US
off fossil fuels: a mile-long stretch of four-lane highway could take 500
homes off the grid. If the entire US Interstate system made use of the
panels, energy would no longer be a concern for the country.

And here is the link to the company that is mentioned in the article.

www.*solarroad*ways.com

Sean