[Oeva-list] We're hooked up

patrick0101 at gmail.com patrick0101 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 20:37:23 PDT 2011

Sue,

There are a few distortions in the report that you heard from the installer.
Funny how things get exaggerated. These guys are electricians, not EV cars
buffs so I can see how the stories could grow more fantastical as they are
passed along.

> Oregon Electric thought they had all of the contracts in the Portland
Metro area
My Blink is scheduled to be installed by Joseph Hughes Construction. I am
sure there are others too.

> That owner said that he had talked to Nissan and was told that
> his car and ours were the only 2 Leafs that made it onto the
> ship that sailed after the earthquake.  There were more to be
> loaded, but the captain sailed without them for safety.
> I wonder if that is true.

This is far from what truly happened. 1500 LEAFs left Japan headed to the US
on 5 different ships in the weeks before the quake. The last pre-quake ship
left with 600 LEAFs the day before it hit. You can read the details in my
story posted here<http://www.plugincars.com/first-major-shipment-nissan-leafs-arrives-us-106974.html>
.

There has been at least one Nissan transport ship that has left Japan after
the quake, but I have not heard any confirmation if there were LEAFs
onboard.

You can tell if your car was in the pre-quake lot or not based on the email
that you received from Nissan. If, like the email John recently shared, it
said:

> As a result of those events, you might have noticed the delivery timing on
your "my account" page has been changed to "pending."

then your LEAF did not make it out before the quake and you will have some
delays.

However, if you got an email that said:

> We wanted to take a moment to let you know that your Nissan LEAF™ left
Japan before the earthquake and tsunami occurred, and even with all that's
going on, it is on its way and should arrive on schedule.

Then you likely will get your car this month or early next month at the
latest.

Regards,
Pat