[Oeva-list] Watts up?

Steve's Account stevel at fern.com
Tue Apr 5 19:39:48 PDT 2011

> From: D K <dimakukushkin at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Oeva-list] Blink charger - screen always on?? wastefull,
> 	isn't it?
>
> Got my BLINK charger installed today.Was surprised by absence of
> screensaver.  I yet have to find a way to measure power sonsumption of idle
> mode, but I bet it's around 30watt.

I'll take that bet!

Depending on the type of display, a small LCD, backlit by an LED, especially
one displaing a static message, can run on vanishingly small amounts of
power.. if you don't have a CPU chip running, too (hence the static
message.) it's going to be closer to 10 watts... and carefully done,
an average current of 1 watt is doable...

And in a lot of cases, such a display won't be much more than the LED you
need to say "I'm on", in any case.

Steve