[Oeva-list] Link to proposed tax bill for electric cars.

Lawrence Winiarski lawrence_winiarski at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 15:15:23 PDT 2011

http://www.leg.state.or.us/11reg/measures/hb2300.dir/hb2328.1ha.html

New info is that the proposed rate has changed from 0.6 cents/mile to
1.43 cents/mile

Current Oregon tax is 24 cents/mile  (18.4 federal + 24 cents = 42.4 cents)
total (citation here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_taxes_in_the_United_States)

So it is fairly easy to compute the "equivalent mileage"

24 cents / 1.43 cents/mile = 16.8 MPG

So these !@#$ are gonna tax us as if we get 16.8 mpg...which is about
2.5x higher than it was.

Also in this bill is confiscating your electric car to pay your "tax"
bill and suspension of your license.

I feel like no one is supporting me so if you all want to pay a
"fair" share..go ahead and drink the koolaid and embolden these guys to
add even more obscene taxes..(electric surcharges, solar panel fines..etc.

Otherwise, for those that have a brain and can see where this is going,
I suggest using this list to  try and organize and do something about it.

If we don't halt population growth with justice and compassion, it will be done for us by nature, brutally and without pity - and will leave a ravaged world.
Nobel Laureate Dr. Henry W. Kendall 023934