[Oeva-list] picked up Nissan Leaf from dealer last night

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Thu Apr 14 16:13:34 PDT 2011

Hello Ken

Congratulations.

The charging Station I have had to reset ours by turning off  the breaker
twice in less then two weeks.

Other then that no problems.

Don Blazer

In a message dated 4/14/2011 3:10:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

Message:  2
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 14:04:01 -0700
From: Ken Bookstein  <kenboo4 at gmail.com>
Subject: [Oeva-list] picked up Nissan Leaf from  dealer last night
To: oeva-list at oeva.org

We picked up our Nissan Leaf from  Nissan Gladstone yesterday evening.
Everything went pretty smoothly. I was  told this was the first leaf they
sold at the dealership. The drive home  was amazing. Totally silent.

At first, when I plugged in the Blink  charger, it did not recognize that
the
car was attached. I turned off the  breaker to the charger, then turned it
on
again, and that seemed to make it  recognize the car. It started charging a
short time later. The charger  makes a fairly arresting "click" sound as it
begins charging. The front of  the car, behind the windshield, has some
eerie
blue LED lights that glow as  it is charging, a very nice, kind of
mysterious
touch. One can hear the  faint hum of a fan as it is charging. I got an
interesting message on the  info panel on the blink charger, something along
the lines of "The electric  utility has delayed charging until 9:57 pm." Not
sure what that  means.

Very exciting!
I drove the car to work this morning for the  first time. Got lots of
questions, as  expected.