[Oeva-list] Revenue Committee to meet again Tomorrow (Apr 15) at 8am to discuss EV tax

Gary Graunke gary at whitecape.org
Thu Apr 14 16:23:04 PDT 2011

I was late getting there, but I did catch the end of the session. I talked to
Barry Woods from Drive Oregon, David Stiers, and Jim Whitty.

I plan to attend (on time) tomorrow, and probably will say something and have
a written handout. While I won't pretend to represent the OEVA (we have to be
careful regarding our tax status anyway), I do want to make our concerns
known, even if it is our personal point of view.
The chair did ask for more real EV driver input....

I hope we can discuss this a bit this evening at our regular meeting. Let's
try to get our comments organized.

By the way, Jim Whitty told me that he is not married to the numbers, and
really would like more time (he suggested 2016) to get the bugs out before
implementing it. He would also like our perspective in helping craft the
details to achieve public acceptance and not impede EV rollout. Many of the
details will be decided by ODOT, and not specified in the law. So I think we
should provide constructive input and have more influence on the outcome of the
law and also the implementation details.

The key point I'm making is that we need to be constructive--suggest
improvements and provide rationale for them. Barry Woods did a good job of
this, but there is a lot to say here and we have to be brief and to-the-point.

Gary