[Oeva-list] range anxiety solved / who is this guy?

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Thu Apr 21 00:14:22 PDT 2011

Just to let everyone know a little more about Lanny. He is  located in
Eugene and is an expert on servicing the OEM Ford Ranger EV.  There are several
ranger drivers in his family and a small fleet of Ranger  EVs in the area
that would be lost without him. He  also provides an endless amount of hours
helping  other Ranger EV owners across the nation.

For a few years Lan has been working on LifePo4 upgrades with the  OEM
Ranger trucks. Some of the upgrades have up to 100 miles of range.  Of course
they are not inexpensive up front, but in the long run the cost  appears to be
very reasonable. I say appears because the goal is to reach  100,000 or
150,000 miles. Testing has been going on for quite some time and  results are
very positive. It does however take years to put this kind of  miles on any
vehicle.

Lan and I both drive over 10,000 miles a year all electric. If a battery is
 not going to hold up putting this kind of mileage on we quickly find  out.
We both tried using lead acid batteries at first but the results were very
disappointing. Lead will work in some low service applications but as loads
 and cycles increase so does the failure rate.

As Lan stated his post is factual. Its his experience gained  from years of
driving electric and servicing EVs. I have known Lan for years and  the EV
community has definitely been helped by his involvement.

Check out his web site I think many of you would find  it interesting.

_http://southtownelanes.com/electric_pickups.html_
(http://southtownelanes.com/electric_pickups.html)

I have Lan's site listed in our web site under EV links. If   you want to
see other interesting EV links I like take a look under EV links
_http://www.westhillscollision.com/upperv.php?article=links_
(http://www.westhillscollision.com/upperv.php?article=links)

Anyone else have any favorite EV links?

Don.

In a message dated 4/19/2011 5:18:49 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,