[Oeva-list] charging network

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Fri Apr 22 02:24:53 PDT 2011

I spent the evening poking around in google earth, and came up with
these 71 locations, which, if they had fast chargers, would pretty much
allow EV travel to all of Oregon but the remotest SE.  I tried to space
them no more than 40ish miles:

These 6 cover the most populous NW corner, and I think represent a big
value for relatively little money:
Otis
Amity
Toledo
Turner
Wilsonville
Eugene

These 5 add in Astoria:
Tillamook
Cannon Beach
Astoria
Clatskanie
Scappoose

These add I-84:
Cascade Locks
The Dalles
Rufus
Arlington
Boardman
Pendleton
Meacham
LaGrande
North Powder
Durkee
Farewell Bend
Ontario

Mt Hood:
Mt Hood Village
Government Camp
(Might have to add one at Hood River if you want to do that direction)

Central Oregon:
Hood East (middle of nowhere 1/2 between Gov Camp and Madras)
Madras
Bend
Prineville
Suttle Lake
Marion Forks
Gates

NE Oregon:
Elgin
Lostine
Joseph

East Central Oregon (probably not really worth it, save for the John Day
EV run):
Brothers
Nowhere 1 (halfway between Bend and Burns, probably the most remote of
them all)
Riley
Burns
Seneca