[Oeva-list] Leaf battery

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Sat Apr 30 16:39:24 PDT 2011

On 4/30/11 2:49 PM, Theoldcars at aol.com wrote:

> Nissan recommends using the pack between 50 to 80 percent state of
> charge for maximum life. I have set my Leaf to charge to 80% and I try
> not to go under 50 miles of range.

I plan to do the same for local driving, but my desired pattern is 3-15
miles/day typical during the week, charging once or twice if I'm doing
more running around, with weekends running from that to 100-200 highway
miles once or twice a month.  I won't be able to do that until the fast
charge stations go in (at least one on the north end of Salem), but
that's the plan, and that's why I'm analyzing the range characteristics
--- for local driving it's just not an issue at all...