[Oeva-list] Level 1 vs Level 2 "battles"

Quinn Sullivan qsullivan11 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 23:32:54 PST 2011

It is frustrating to see level 1 charging being phased out, and not being added with new charging stations. I've had my home built ev since June 2009 and have noticed the vast majority of places are j1772 and don't have the 120V I need. I live near clackamas town center and everything is j1772 plugs. I can't charge anywhere around here and no one is ever charging a leaf or anything else. I guess 120 is already out of date. I am a college student and can't afford a 240/120 charger, or a j1772 plug, and have just a handful of options of the 80+ charging stations in the Portland area. I'd never leave my car clogging up an ev spot all day, just could use a half hour or hour of charge when it's available. If level 1 charging is forgotten and ruled out you can rule out affordable conversions with it, which is detrimental to the ev ideal striving towards 1 million EV's and fellow DIY converters.

Quinn Sullivan