[Oeva-list] motor cycle pusher moble charger

Jon Balgley jon at photodad.com
Tue May 3 08:55:53 PDT 2011

I was in Home Depot the other day and they're taking pre-orders (at
least?) for a new Ryobi generator.  Looks to be small and quiet, like
the similar Honda models, but this one is 2KW (peak) / 1.6KW
(continuous) for only $600.  Has wheels and an extendable handle, like
a suitcase.  I could not find any weights or dimensions.

http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/outdoor_products/generators/RYi2000

Not clear to me that this is suitable for daily/continuous use in an
electric car, a la Chevy Volt, but might be fine for a scooter.  My
car/charger typically draws only a little more than 1.6KW, so maybe
this would work for you.