[Oeva-list] Fwd: motor cycle pusher moble charger

Scott Hippe scott.hippe at me.com
Tue May 3 09:19:09 PDT 2011

You need to be very careful about using a generator to charge an EV.  Nissan specifically says not to.

Most generators generate a 'modified sine-wave' AC output.  If you put a scope on the AC output, you will see a square wave
instead of a true sine-wave that is typical of an AC circuit.  This can be harmful to certain devices and is the reason some
devices don't even function on a generator like electric blankets, etc.

Begin forwarded message: