[Oeva-list] Update on HB2328

Lawrence Winiarski lawrence_winiarski at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 19:11:50 PDT 2011

SECTION 10.  Reporting vehicle miles traveled. (1) A registered owner or lessee subject to the vehicle road usage charge imposed under section 2 of this 2011 Act shall equip the electric motor vehicle or plug0in hybrid electric motor vehicle with technology, approved by the department of Transportation that provides for electron reporting of miles traveled.(2) On the date determined by the department under subsection (3) of this section, the registered owner or lessee shall report the number of miles the vehicle has traveled and pay to the department the amount due under section 2 of this 2011 Act for the reporting period.The number of miles reported shall be rounded up to the next whole mile.
So basically it says the REGISTERED OWNER SHALL EQUIP THE VEHICLE WITH TECHNLOGY APPROVED BY ODOT.

So it's very likely that we are gonna get stuck with the bill.
Also, doesn't part 2 sound foolish?   We have to use their equipment, and then areresponsible to report it?   Why the hell don't we just use the odometer then?
Again, it just makes me mad to read this.   This is pretty obviously not about roadtaxes or fairness.   It's blatantly unfair to EV's and puts us at their mercy to dovirtually anything they want so ODOT and their buddies can develop new productsand have us pay the development costs.    Keep in mind that if Oregon starts thisand gets every state to follow suit, then you could have 100,000,000 (100 million)cars forced to buy a $200 gadget.   That means the guys who are using us forguinea pigs are trying to legislate a tax to create a potential 20 BILLION dollar industry for themselves using  the technology THEY approve....And I refer to the audio on Apr 4 where they say they can't release the names of their potential "partners"
(talk about a potential for corruption)

If we don't halt population growth with justice and compassion, it will be done for us by nature, brutally and without pity - and will leave a ravaged world.

Nobel Laureate Dr. Henry W. Kendall 023934