[Oeva-list] Update on HB2328

Tim Johnson timj.pdx at frontier.com
Wed May 4 08:46:38 PDT 2011

I think you are missing the point.... ODOT just wants more money, that
is obvious and quite frankly understandable. But what about the primary
sponsors of the bills ? The 5000 ICE vehicles that will be allowed in is
the clue. Remember the 5000 ICE results in a net loss in revenues for
many years (not what ODOT want). They want to move to a $/mile road tax
that avoids the premium that gas hogs are forced to pay with our current
$/gal taxation model.

The would be a tremendous saving for a company that owns a fleet of low
mileage cars/trucks.

Tim Johnson Scuba Diver
    (503) 629-8625   (Home)
    (503) 757-9012   (Cell)