[Oeva-list] First PGE Bill w/Leaf!

chris at darkstarpro.com chris at darkstarpro.com
Thu May 5 11:17:47 PDT 2011

Got my first electric bill from Portland General Electric with the whole
month on time-of-use and with Mikiko charging every night (28 days of
service).

For those 28 days, I drove about 1,600 miles and my total bill went from
$80.81 in March to $103.30 in April. I estimate I put in about 30 kWh at
the Tualatin PGE charging station, about 13 kWh at work, and 12 kWh at the
OMSI solar charging station. CARWINGS reports a total energy usage of
337.6 kWh, however I haven't checked my Blink yet to see what it shows for
April.

At the end of the day though, I spent about $0.014 per mile assuming all
my other electrical usage stayed the same. For our household, March and
April are usually within 4-5 kWh, so I think we've very successfully
shifted the majority of electrical usage to off-peak hours, here's the
breakdown:

153 kWh (16%): On-peak @ $0.13266/kWh
152 kWh (16%): Mid-peak @ $0.075/kWh
653 kWh (68%): Off-peak @ $0.04422/kWh

The math won't add up since I'm not including distribution/transmission
charges, Green Source charges, and taxes/adjustments, but should still
give a good idea of what an electric vehicle might add to your bill every
month.

Time to get out and drive! :-)

Sincerely,
Chris Arnesen