[Oeva-list] Help Wanted: Experienced EV Tech

Ron Jayasuriya evmail4ron at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 11:39:56 PDT 2011

I thought I'd just put this out there and see what happens:

I have a small shop in industrial NW Portland where I have worked on EV's on and off for the last few years.  I am currently in school full time and don't have much time to spend at the shop.  But I like the space and plan to keep it.  Otherwise I'd have to store all my tools and then wouldn't be able to use them (no garage, unfortunately).

The shop is a loading bay of a large warehouse.  Street level access.  Zoned industrial.
But there is only room for one car at a time.  Limited short term parking outside, but some overnight is ok.

I have a (very) small but appreciative customer base who unfortunately have limited options when it comes time to have some work done on their EV.

So I thought I'd see if there was anyone out there who is either has enough experience as a professional auto tech, or better yet has a fair amount of EV experience and would like to make a little extra money working on some interesting vehicles.

I'm not looking to make much on the deal, just want to keep the shop, maybe reduce the overhead a little, and mainly just have a way for these folks to keep their cars going.  You'd be welcome to bring your own jobs in also.  Shop is pretty small, but there's enough room for another tool box anyway.  No room for additional equipment though, and most everything is there.  Unless you have a 2-post lift -- that's the only thing missing.

If you know someone who is qualified to do this kind of work and might be interested, please forward this on to them.  Also, if there are other techs out there specializing in EV's that I don't know about, by all means, let me know, and I'll send you some work now and then.

I know it's a long-shot, but I thought I'd put it out there.
Any person who is qualified and interested is welcome to contact me at the number below.
I'd need the person to have a good reputation/references in the local EV and/or automotive community.

Thanks!

Ron Jayasuriya
(503) 960-5964