[Oeva-list] HB 2328 update

Lawrence Winiarski lawrence_winiarski at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 16:28:00 PDT 2011

Meeting this morninghttp://www.leg.state.or.us/listn/archive/archive.2011s/HREV-201105090739.ram

Didn't completely understand, so take this analysis lightly.   They didn'ttalk about anything, but decided that the bill must go through anothercommittee - The "Ways and Means" committee (which is a joint senate-housecommittee)
Apparently a bill is supposed to have a fiscal impact statement before itcan be approved by the committee UNLESS it goes through the "Ways and Meanscommitte.
So since they are adding amendments like crazy, the committe has decided that rather than make them right a fiscal impact statment every time they make a change, they will just route the bill through the "Ways and Means" committee.
And that's what happened today (I think)

If we don't halt population growth with justice and compassion, it will be done for us by nature, brutally and without pity - and will leave a ravaged world.

Nobel Laureate Dr. Henry W. Kendall 023934