[Oeva-list] Watts up?

Lawrence Winiarski lawrence_winiarski at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 22:08:27 PDT 2011

Sounds pretty ridiculous.    If the boot up time wasn't bad, I'd put it on a timer.
40 watts is a substantial heat issue too.   Must have a fan that is on all the time todeal with it.
Linux used to be a lot more power thrifty than windows because windows neverused the HALT instruction.     Sounds like a similar problem that perhaps themicrocontroller is always trying to do something, even when nothing needs tobe done.    Lots of lazy programmers out there..

If we don't halt population growth with justice and compassion, it will be done for us by nature, brutally and without pity - and will leave a ravaged world.

Nobel Laureate Dr. Henry W. Kendall 023934