[Oeva-list] ice equivalence

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Wed May 11 20:05:37 PDT 2011

On 5/11/11 7:50 PM, patrick0101 at gmail.com wrote:
> If you are looking for a recharge time that is fast, battery swapping is
> the way to go. There are issues with that, but time to full is not one
> of them.

That may be a more viable option with larger batteries vs 300kw
stations, but a battery swap station is a much more expensive piece of
infrastructure than an "electron pump", and I think the latter is quite
doable.  Even putting them every 40 miles, we only need 70ish to cover
the populated part of Oregon, which really wouldn't cost that much...

Though I was just thinking of the capital costs, I wonder what the fixed
operating costs would be, i.e. monthly on a 50kw (or 300kw) power line
before the cost of the power itself...