[Oeva-list] EVs to the rescue in Japan - Great Thoughts

Jon Youngblood jonyou at clear.net
Fri May 13 18:51:09 PDT 2011

I'm glad I was able to stir some debate.  I wish our business (LEVs) had
gotten as much attention.

We do have many obstacles yet to overcome, but downsizing is, I think, an
essential part of the solution (for daily transportation - in an emergency I
too would want the power and range of a conventional engine).  We will never
have nuclear powered cars, so we do need new ideas.  Or new ET technology.

Downsizing is not "going back" to anything, any more than a heavy set person
eating less food is "going back".  We are a spoiled and greedy nation and
that is why we are losing in almost every respect to upcoming nations like
India and China.  We are FAT.  And it's time to lose some weight.  And yes,
that might mean some other thoughtless jerks will have more power than you.
So what?  Isn't doing what is right its own reward?

Thanks for all the thoughtful comments.  I don't mean to sound angry about
it, but having lost our life savings trying to do something good for our
community and country does tend to leave a person with a little sour taste
in the mouth.  I should just say I don't care anymore and let our planet go
to hell.  But I'm just not there yet.  I think we can change things but it
will mean tackling big corporations and even the military - you know they
have the technology, since they are estimated to be about 40 to 50 years
ahead of the rest of civilian society.

Peace and Love,

Jon Youngblood

jonyou at clear.net