[Oeva-list] The trip in brief

Jeff Kim jeff.shorepower at gmail.com
Mon May 16 11:42:49 PDT 2011

The touch screen doesn't do much, but scroll through pictures, for now.  In
the future it could be used for payment processing, but all of them are free
now.

This may seem silly, but we've seen a couple people not fully engage the
J1772 connector.  We'll check out the station in Salem and update on status.

Jeff

On Monday, May 16, 2011 12:44:55 AM Alan Batie wrote:
> While charging at the WTC last
> night, I was showing a friend the charging stations up on Salmon, and

> that one was in the same state...

I charged at 6KW at the 1st and Salmon WTC charging station, and it  worked
just fine. I could review my data acquistion log for GFCI faults (which
reset
every 10 minutes), but I pretty sure none occured (I need a to put in my
fuel
gauge!).

Sometimes, a breaker trips upstream from the EVSE, and it needs to be reset.
However, this is rare, and it has been working very well for some time.

Cars blocking the EVSE are a persistent problem. However, many times people
are just waiting there, and often leave when I pull into the other space and
start charging (they probably realize that there *are* electric cars on the
road, and we *do* use the charging stations--it's not just PR/greenwashing).
The best thing is to have the public see cars charging frequently.

Glad you tried the station at PGE/Salem--I have only used it at 110 the week
before it was upgraded. I'll be happy to test the upgrades when they are
done,
if I know ahead of time. (I met a person from Cherry City Electric (same
folks
that did the one in my garage) who was planning to do the upgrade when I was
charging at PGE/Salem).

Is there someplace that lists the Nissan dealers with charging? Do they
charge
regular non-Leaf vehicles (my Leaf is now scheduled for the week of May 27--
according to the Nissan person on the phone, it was the eco-paint and one
other option that delayed it). Those options are added at Long Beach.

Gary