[Oeva-list] The trip in brief

gfifield at onlinenw.com gfifield at onlinenw.com
Mon May 16 12:07:58 PDT 2011

Hi Jeff,

I'm a hardware guy and I expect to be able to tell that something is
happening when I hook something up. I expect to see some sort of feedback
on the progress of the charge.
Seems a waste of display capability to scroll though pictures.

The things I would want to see are:
   Am I mechanically connected.
   When the charging started.
   If it hasn't started charging, some explanation of why it hasn't and
how to resolve the issue. i.e. "try re-seating the plug." "Call Jeff at
...." ; )
   How many KWs are being drawn.
   Accumulated KWH.

Can you detect that you are connected to a Leaf or a Volt?

PR related stuff could be:
A tally of charger usage today, this week and this month.
Next closest charger location/availability.
Gallons of gas saved, number of miles driven and the $ difference in
"fuel" costs.
You basically have a free billboard.

Jeff, do you have a video posted of the plug and charge experience? That
might help set some sort of expectation that things were done correctly.

Gene Fifield