[Oeva-list] The trip in brief

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Mon May 16 12:22:47 PDT 2011

On 5/16/11 12:07 PM, gfifield at onlinenw.com wrote:

> The things I would want to see are:
>    Am I mechanically connected.
>    When the charging started.
>    If it hasn't started charging, some explanation of why it hasn't and
> how to resolve the issue. i.e. "try re-seating the plug." "Call Jeff at
> ...." ; )
>    How many KWs are being drawn.
>    Accumulated KWH.

Yup; the Nissan chargers have 5 lights that indicate status and are a
nice bare minimum.  At the upper end, the fast charger at the WTC gives
you the voltage, current, kwhs and time and is really nice:

http://alan.batie.org/photos/canon-a1000/2011/0417-maiden-leaf/img_2479-640.shtml
http://alan.batie.org/photos/canon-a1000/2011/0515-leaf-pdx/img_2583-640.shtml

The shorepower stations have lcds under the blue lights that I think
give status; I didn't see a change there either, but if it couldn't tell
the connector had been plugged in, I wouldn't expect it to.  The beep
from the car could be from a mechanical switch in the car that the
charging station wouldn't get any info from.  Though I would hope it was
a little more than that, it doesn't appear to be...