[Oeva-list] Finishing charge

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Sun May 22 12:34:05 PDT 2011

I got called into work at 3:30 this morning for a system down, and the
Leaf had not yet quite finished charging from yesterday's trip to Salem,
though the gauge indicated "full".  The charge time estimator was in the
"10 minute" mode.  This morning, I looked at the report from the blink
charging station, and it said I had charged 15.1 kWh; since I needed
18.5kWh to recharge after going up to Salem, and used more coming home,
that's an awful lot of kWh's to finish the charge, unless the blink is a
lot more efficient or reports a different calculation... It doesn't seem
likely that there's that much room for variation in station efficiency...