[Oeva-list] Feeling adventurous

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Tue May 24 01:21:58 PDT 2011

On 5/23/11 5:45 PM, Oliver Forral wrote:
> All these reports from Alan is making me feel more adventurous with my
> Leaf.  Now I want to attempt a trip to Corvallis this Friday!  Here's a
> map of the route I plan to take http://goo.gl/XP6Oz I'm planning to
> charge 2 hours in Tualatin, 2 hours in Salem and 2 hours in LBCC.  So it
> should be a total of 9 1/2 hours if all goes according to plan.  I also
> chose to avoid highways so that I could extend my range by driving slow.
>  Any advice would be appreciated!

I would say stop by and say hi! but I'm heading to Hermiston this
weekend, probably leaving Friday eve.  I'm going to hopefully rent a
Versa from Hertz to see how the gas version of the leaf compares...  If
you get into Corvallis before 6 or 7, stop in at Peak Internet at 15th &
Western (1600 SW Western Blvd) and say hi though (after 5 ring the
doorbell on the west end of the south side of the building, before 5,
the main entrance is on the west side of the building)!

My only recommendation would be to use Salem Nissan rather than PGE, as
there's nothing in close walking distance of PGE (it's about a mile to
the nearest little strip mall), whereas there's an AM/PM across the
street and some restaurants within a block or two of Salem Nissan...
The Shorepower station at PGE does have the advantage of telling you how
much power you used charging though...

Apparently I *am* on the adventurous side though: the dealer's Leaf I'm
using has 720 miles since January, whereas mine has 1022 in one month
;-)  He did say there are 8 plus the dealer's in Corvallis now...