[Oeva-list] flexible PVC?

Dick Burnham Dick-Burnham at hoffmancorp.com
Fri May 27 08:30:28 PDT 2011

What you are looking for is ENT electrical conduit.  ENT is Nonmetalic Tubing and most electrical supply houses sell it.  Most common color is blue and it's called "smurf tube" by most electricians because of the color.  It does come in orange or red, however and that should be used to designate high voltage lines in your car.  This is a safety standard adopted to protect first responders from a shock if they have to cut you out of your car in an accident.  Red or Orange ENT is commonly used in buildings to designate fire alarm cabling so you might be able to score some short pieces from a fire alarm contractor as well.  You might have better luck running your 2/0 cable individually in ¾ or 1" conduit and them zip tying them together.  Smaller sizes will bend more easily.  The advantage of using ENT is it does carry UL rating for low smoke and flame.  If you use something intended for plumbing you might get a smoky surprise if it gets hot.

Look here for specs:  http://www.carlonsales.com/plenumgard.php  There are other manufacturers as well - this is just one I found with a quick search.


From: oeva-list-bounces at oeva.org [mailto:oeva-list-bounces at oeva.org] On Behalf Of Micheal Drewry
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 8:02 AM
To: J Bills
Cc: oeva-list at oeva.org
Subject: Re: [Oeva-list] flexible PVC?

I found what I used at A-Boy (on Barbur Bvld near Terrwilliger).  Not sure about the ratings but they have several sizes. I used the 1.5".  Its on a large spool so you can get the exact length you need.  I've had no issues with it at all.

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 12:56 AM, J Bills <jbillsnews at flickfx.com<mailto:jbillsnews at flickfx.com>> wrote:
I'm doing a little redesign work and wanting to route my high voltage cables under the car.  I've seen flexible PVC ("spa tube") used successfully for this before, but was just doing some poking around online and am having a hard time finding specs.  There seems to be some of this stuff that is better than others - when I do find specs the temperature ratings seem to be a little bit all over the place, if they're even reliable.

Anyway, does anyone know of a good source for some well made flexible PVC locally here in portland?  like a jacuzzi shop or ?

I'm after the 1 1/2" pipe, just big enough for dual 2/0 cables

thanks...  trying to avoid the phone book...   :)

Oeva-list mailing list
Oeva-list at oeva.org<mailto:Oeva-list at oeva.org>


This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Although steps have been taken to check for viruses, the recipient(s) should also check to ensure messages are virus free.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: /pipermail/attachments/20110527/21d28363/attachment-0001.html 

More information about the Oeva-list mailing list