[Oeva-list] Nissan Leaf/Ecotality questions

Jay Kubicky jay at joulesys.com
Tue May 31 15:59:39 PDT 2011

We submitted a request for quotation through the Leaf website over the
weekend and got a response the same day from our local dealer (Royal Moore
in Hillsboro).  The price was around $600 under MSRP (I just tried to log in
but it's already expired - was only good for two days, which seems kind of
short for something with a 3-6 month lead-time).  I've read that we should
qualify for a free charger from Ecotality, but the salesguy (I forget his
name, but there's apparently just one guy at Royal Moore who handles to
Leaf) told me we wouldn't qualify for the free charger if we bought the
cheaper SL model.  I can't find anyplace where this is written down, nor
does it make sense to me... does anyone know if this is true or not?

Also, my read of the Oregon tax credit (
http://www.nissanusa.com/ev/media/pdf/incentives/nissan-leaf-incentive-41.pdf)
is that we would get $750 towards the car but, presumably, no credit for the
charger if it were free.  If we did have to pay for the charger, it looks
like the credit is 25% of the cost up to $750 (hopefully the charger is less
than $3K).  Do I have this right?

Thanks,
Jay