[Oeva-list] Nissan Leaf/Ecotality questions

Scott Hippe scott.hippe at me.com
Tue May 31 17:51:09 PDT 2011

There are actually two programs as part of the EV project.

First is the Level 2 charging station for Leaf and Volt customers which is free and free to install if you qualify for the
program.  This applies to both the SL and SV models of the Leaf.  I cannot speak for Volt models since I am a Leaf owner.

Secondly, for people who order the SL model of the Leaf, Nissan charges an additional $700.00 for the quick charge port.
The quick charge port is actually an option to the SL trim.  And the quick charge port is only available with the SL trim.

However, as part of the EV project, if you order the SL trim, then you can also order the quick charge port for free.  This
is really what the dealer is talking about.  The problem is that people still confuse the terms 'charger' and 'charging station'.

Since you are ordering the SV trim, the quick charge port does not apply, but if you qualify, you will get the level 2
charging station and install for free.

Scott