[Oeva-list] Another anti-EV article

Karl Boekelheide oeva at boekelheide.com
Fri Apr 6 13:22:05 PDT 2012

        I'd like to point out some further idiocy in these articles.
        In some of the examples they assume that
        gas will stay at $4/gal for 27 years.

        I'm sure that's a fairly likely assumption....right??
Under what conditions might that be true:

        1- The rest of the world goes EV and leaves lots of gas for the
        US?
        2- The drill baby nuts finds the center of the earth is oil not
        iron?
        3- There's a mass extinction and there are only a few million
        humans left but we still have gas, and someplace to drive?
        4- The tooth fairy is real?

I give best odds to number 4.

It's ever so easy to be negative and against progress.  New things
threaten people.  I personally know a couple of folks who said hybrids
were a dumb idea and would never sell.  They now own Prii.  I'm old
enough to remember when CD's first came out.  I know people who said
they were stupid because they would decay and took really expensive
equipment to play.

Of course there are counter examples.  I thought we'd have really good
handwriting recognition decades ago.  I'm very surprised to see face and
voice recognition leaving that technology in the dust.  I'm glad I never
bought a tablet computer of yore.  I was tempted.