[Oeva-list] Another anti-EV article

Greg Long greglongoregon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:29:28 PDT 2012

I'm no expert, but I'd suggest Karl nailed it.  Expecting gas to
remain as low as $4/gal (in 2012 dollars) in 2020, 2030, or 2040 is
likely very wishful thinking. Widely publicized recent record
efficient auto sales reflect a wiser consumer trend. GreenCarReports
also reported (3-30-12) the Leaf and Volt each outsold the Prius in
each's respective first year on the market.

If this is a road-vehicle only group, this may be somewhat off-topic,
but I suspect we'll see similar trends in light aircraft, even if most
EAA guys don't give electrics credibility(naturally most haven't flown
them). High TBO and low "fuel" cost has raisd the eyebrows of flight
school operators.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjq8ixM0oEw

Anyone have any thoughts on the new Ford F750 PHEV?
http://green.autoblog.com/2012/03/07/ford-odyne-introduce-monster-f750-plug-in-hybrid-work-truck/