[Oeva-list] 4/19/12 10am REMINDER, DETAILS, & DIRECTIONS to LCC Earth Day Solar Station kick off event

Anna Scott ScottAE at lanecc.edu
Tue Apr 17 22:04:58 PDT 2012

Hello,

This is a friendly reminder to join us at Lane Community College on April 19th at 10 am for our Earth Day Solar Station kick off event.

DIRECTIONS TO THE EVENT LOCATED IN PARKING LOT B
The Solar Station is located in Parking Lot B on the west side of our main campus at 4000 E. 30th Avenue Eugene, OR 97405. Please click on the link below for more detailed directions.
http://www.lanecc.edu/mpr/locations/mc.htm

PARTICIPATE IN THE PLUG IN!
It would be great if you would bring your EV and participate in our ribbon cutting  and "plug in" to officially open our electric vehicle charging at the Solar Station. The Solar Station features 19 level 1 & 2 EV charging units that will all be available during our kick off event. After the Thursday event kick off the college will have 6 designated EV parking spots and we will be asking people who park in these spots to obtain a permit. You will not need a permit for the Thursday April 19th event.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN
10 AM - Kick off speech by Mary Spilde, President of Lane Community College
10:15 - Ribbon Cutting and photographs
10:20 - Ceremonial plugging in by EV's
10:25 - 10:45 - Q&A's

TIPS FOR FUTURE EV CHARGING AT LANE
You will need a permit parking and charging at our Solar Station after that April 19th. There is no cost currently for the permit. The purpose of the permit is so that the college can track the demand from EV owners for designated spaces in order to be able to know when to open up more of the spots for EV only.  To obtain a permit, please go to:  https://lcc.thepermitstore.com/. Term permits will be available to students and staff. Visitors with an electrical vehicle will be able to obtain a temporary permit.  After your vehicle is completed charging we are requesting that you make the space available for other EV's to use the charging equipment. Public Safety will be ticketing combustion vehicles that park in these spaces and EV's that are not plugged in.

Anna E. Scott
Energy & Indoor Environmental Quality Analyst
Sustainability Office
Facilities Mgmt & Planning
Lane Community College
4000 E. 30th Ave.