[Oeva-list] Fred Meyers Imbrie Rd. Hillsboro

Nick nickgaladay at msn.com
Tue Aug 7 20:24:38 PDT 2012

I hope we can somehow show our support and appreciation to Fred Meyers for
their support of electric vehicles.  I noticed last Friday (8/3) that there
are now 4 EV charging stations at the Imbrie Road Fred Meyers in Hillsboro.
Unfortunately, they sacrificed four pretty close in parking positions for
this purpose.  I'm one who believes EV charging slots will be tolerated far
better by the non-EV loving world if they're not the prime parking slots
close to the doors.  Freddie's had to abandon their "stroller only" parking
slots because they were those premium slots, and "stroller rights",
apparently, weren't as widely supported as they'd thought they would be.
There really is no reason why EV drivers, if we want the convenience of
charging while we shop, can't walk a little further for the privilege.  I
say all this because, though very well signed and distinctively painted, all
four spots were filled with ice machines.  Not just ice machines, but SUVs
and BIG pick-ups!  Their very presence in these spots was a big FU to both
Fred Meyers and the EV drivers they were blatantly dissing.

Nick Galaday

Vernonia, OR

Energy conservation--

          saves more than energy!

The day is fast approaching when we'll look back on burning stuff in our
cars to make them go, as quite quaint!

Like a Stanley Steamer or riding a horse to school!