[Oeva-list] Fred Meyers Imbrie Rd. Hillsboro

Rhonda Walton rhonda at evo2go.com
Tue Aug 7 21:19:29 PDT 2012


Nick,
I agree with you 100%. I have no problem parking in the back of the lot
where it is easy to get a spot without denting my doors from some SUV. And
the locations would usually  be easier to see from the road.
I would like the locations be standardized.
We have the option to park in the ICE parking spaces if we are just running
in for milk or beer.
And the public won't begrudge us using prime commercial real-estate to park
our less than 1% of the auto market's eve's leaving them empty 99% of the
time.
In 20 plus years of living in the NW I could count on one hand how many
times I went to Fred Meyer, Walgreens or Sears.
I would run out of all fingers and toes just to count how my trips to these
locations I made since getting  my Leaf.

Keep on EV'n
Rhonda Walton
EVO2GO
www.evo2go.com
360.574.1148

*Think before you print

From:  Nick <nickgaladay at msn.com>
Date:  Tuesday, August 7, 2012 8:24 PM
To:  <oeva-list at oeva.org>
Subject:  Re: [Oeva-list] Fred Meyers Imbrie Rd. Hillsboro

I hope we can somehow show our support and appreciation to Fred Meyers for
their support of electric vehicles.  I noticed last Friday (8/3) that there
are now 4 EV charging stations at the Imbrie Road Fred Meyers in Hillsboro.
Unfortunately, they sacrificed four pretty close in parking positions for
this purpose.  I¹m one who believes EV charging slots will be tolerated far
better by the non-EV loving world if they¹re not the prime parking slots
close to the doors.  Freddie¹s had to abandon their ³stroller only² parking
slots because they were those premium slots, and ³stroller rights²,
apparently, weren¹t as widely supported as they¹d thought they would be.
There really is no reason why EV drivers, if we want the convenience of
charging while we shop, can¹t walk a little further for the privilege.  I
say all this because, though very well signed and distinctively painted, all
four spots were filled with ice machines.  Not just ice machines, but SUVs
and BIG pick-ups!  Their very presence in these spots was a big FU to both
Fred Meyers and the EV drivers they were blatantly dissing.
 
Nick Galaday
Vernonia, OR 
Energy conservation--
          saves more than energy!
 
The day is fast approaching when we¹ll look back on burning stuff in our
cars to make them go, as quite quaint!
Like a Stanley Steamer or riding a horse to school!
 
_______________________________________________ Oeva-list mailing list
Oeva-list at oeva.org http://www.rdrop.com/mailman/listinfo/oeva-list

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: /pipermail/attachments/20120807/2e255105/attachment.html 


More information about the Oeva-list mailing list