[Oeva-list] Fred Meyers Imbrie Rd. Hillsboro

patrick0101 at gmail.com patrick0101 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 22:14:54 PDT 2012

I too am fine with EV charging spots being the least desirable spots, this
makes them far less likely to be ICEd. However, there are people (even
among our membership) that drive plug-in cars and have ADA parking permits.
They may need to plug-in too and the far end of the parking lot is not a
good option for them.

Related to this:
There is a new McDonald's in Hillsboro (at Cornelius Pass Road and West
Union) that has two charging stations. One of them is near the drive-in (a
relatively bad parking spot) and the other one is near the front door,
right next to the ADA parking spot. I like this split model. You can park
right up front so people can see that there are EVs using the spot, but if
someone pulls into the ADA spot, they can see from the dashcard I have in
my EV that they can take the plug. I would then get a text and I could move
my car to the highly likely to be available far parking spot if I needed to
charge more.

McPhotos:
Spot 1: http://goo.gl/cMXUR
Spot 2: http://goo.gl/oszSW