[Oeva-list] Leafing it to Bend (almost)

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Sun Aug 19 13:29:16 PDT 2012

...but not to worry!  The "almost" was by choice, not necessity ;-)

Coincidentally, Nissan finally got around to wanting to do the battery
check and firmware upgrade, so that happened last Wednesday.  I got 3
stars on quick charging, 5 on the others.  This trip (and the one over
Labor Day to Seattle!) won't help that rating ;-)  The battery shows no
sign of degredation though, and I really don't do these trips that
often...  The range guesser really is more accurate, though still
slightly optimistic...

One interesting realization from the trip is that central oregon is on
the high plains, so getting back is a non-issue (on this trip, 4000'
diff summit to FC station on the west side, 2000' on the east side).
Some day, when I have the extra time, I'll take the main road that's 10
miles longer, and if/when a Salem FC ever gets installed, I'll make the
run via Detroit.  In both cases, the longer distance is likely to
require a 100% full battery before doing the crossing eastbound, and it
makes this crossing "more comfortable" too...

http://alan.batie.org/photos/lumix/2012/0818-leafing-to-bend/