[Oeva-list] FW: Think EV's in the news.

Gary Graunke gary at whitecape.org
Mon Aug 20 13:22:18 PDT 2012

Just for the record, one can go twice as far for the same amount of natural
gas if you give to PGE, incur the transmission line losses and charging
losses, and use an electric car than you can by using natural gas in ICE
such as the one Honda makes. That's because the big combined cycle
generation plan is much more efficient than the tiny portable ICE in your
car.

See the electrification coalition EV roadmap document for this and other
details.
http://www.electrificationcoalition.org/policy/electrification-roadmap   see
section 1.5.1 on pages 51 and 52.

Also, we are still not serious about electric cars. If so, we would have
cars with swappable batteries and battery swap stations, such as the better
place ones in Israel. Automakers that make profitable gas cars don't want
durable, low maintenance electrics to erode the cash cow too quickly.
This is not a technology problem--it is a lack of resolve.

Gary